This site is primarily to help others learn how easy it is to share the Gospel. Jesus used the Ten Commandments in Luke 18:18 when the rich ruler asked what he must do to get into Heaven.
Also by using these innovative and acceptable tracts from "The Way of The Master", by Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron, you get the opportunity to get the Word of God into the hands of the lost.

Watch Our Journey Sharing Jesus Christ on the Streets in many parts of the World

Monday, March 1, 2010

WOTM Seminar 2/27/10

Once again I held a seminar to try to encourage those who claim Christ as Lord to learn how to share with those who come across their paths every day. (Not just friends and family members but, "everyone!) I have been sick with Bronchitis all last week and was praying that I would be well enough to go out to the streets of Tempe after the seminar, but this wasn't God's will. The Lord has blessed me in many was but now He was letting my sickness be a blessing to someone else. He sent me a quiet man named Al Gordon.

He called me in January and stated that he wanted to help me with my seminars. Well this time he came along side of me and played a more active role in speaking to this class. I thought of, Isa. 6:8, when the Lord asked who shall I send? Send me was the response! Al has been an inspiration to me as well. There have been times that I didn't feel like going out on Saturday night, I could stay home with wife, but Al would call and ask if I wanted to him to pick me up...knowing this was like the Lord calling, how could I say no.

I say this not to build up AL or myself but that as followers of Christ we need to have people in our lives who will confront us, oops there goes that word again, the word that most people hate. But isn't that what 2Tim. 3:16 is all about. I believe and I think the Scripture confirms we need to be held accountable by those who claim Christ as Lord. Please let me know if I wrong.

So now here he was speaking to this small group, as only two people signed up for this one. One lady had been a few times before and the one man had seen some of the videos at a Bible study.

The lady told us what had just happened to her husband John, who was killed in January in a freak automobile accident. The tire of a truck that was in another accident came crashing through his windshield and killed him instantly. She was now totally convinced that death could come at anytime. (I think it's 160,000 people die every year) The comments from most of the churches she had been to for about 40 years, referring to making friends first, invite them to parties, or invite them to church before you share with them was NOT for her!

Al was able to present his understanding of why and how we should be using the Commandments, and he did this with clarity and confidence.

Just watch and listen


Around 4pm another lady showed up who had been to other seminars.
So this time we video taped each person so that they could examine what they looked and sounded like using this principle that Ray Comfort uses in reaching the lost. (Remember this is not Ray's principle, Jesus showed us in how in (Luke 18:18-27)

As I mentioned I wasn't feeling well enough to go to Tempe but Al stated he was going and who would like to come with him. No one could make it, but the lady who came at 4 told me she was encouraged by what Al had said and the fact that he actually does what he says. was encouraging to her. Her comment in an email she sent me on Sunday night, " that you don't see Christians who are so dedicated".

This small group was like minded. (Rom. 12:16) What a blessing to see all who were present Leigh, Ann, Jean, Al, my wife Catherine, all in agreement with every area of why and how to share with the lost. That it made so much sense to use the Law to help someone realize why they need a savior. Believing in what the Scripture says NOT what men have told us. Psalm 19:7, John 14:21, Gal. 3:24, are just some of the places that inform us of what to say. But instead of preaching to the lost we should be asking them the questions that they will be asked on their last day, "Are they good enough to get into Heaven?" They agreed that the Ten Commandments should be internalized and that if they just would continue to practice the Good Person test, that they too could share with anyone they meet.

2 comments:

AL said...

To God be the glory!

Unknown said...

Good job Al. I liked how you attributed coveting to the act of stealing as well.