This site is primarily to help others learn how easy it is to share the Gospel. Jesus used the Ten Commandments in Luke 18:18 when the rich ruler asked what he must do to get into Heaven.
Also by using these innovative and acceptable tracts from "The Way of The Master", by Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron, you get the opportunity to get the Word of God into the hands of the lost.

Watch Our Journey Sharing Jesus Christ on the Streets in many parts of the World

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Saturday Night on Mill

This was an awesome night as I got calls from Jean, then Kevin and Vivi to see if I was going to Mill to share with the lost. Kevin and Vivi come up from Sierra Vista every two weeks to see family and friends. They attended a seminar I had a couple of months ago and have been on fire ever since. Jean has been to three of them! Her confidence in herself to now talk to strangers is increasing! So I guess if she keeps coming with us on Saturday nights she will be accused of having the gift of Evangelism. Or maybe it's like anything else we do in life, it takes practice to be able to do what your not used to doing. Then and only then after much practice, failed attempts, humbling yourself, you learn how to communicate with those of the human race. No more excuses of not being called to share. The scripture is very clear that if you claim Christ as Lord then act like it, learn how too, even if it makes you feel uncomfortable. Ask Jean, she was very uncomfortable but now she has learned a useful phrase, "I'm a lot further now then I was before."

Al was also there and was very helpful to Jean. At one time Jean told the person shew was talking to that she was a rookie and asked Al to help her with some answers to the man she was speaking to. (Honesty is the best policy) You should see the change in her as she now talks to those she meets on the streets in Tempe where in the beginning she would shyly hand out tracts without saying anything.

I was blessed while doing an Open Air when the person answering my trivial questions and getting the money gave the cash to the young lady he was with. I was surprised at that because those who answer the questions keep the money. I even had another young lady true to take the cash out of my hands. I mentioned to her that would be stealing and did that bother her. She smiled and said not really. I then explained how that action is a violation of God's Law and if she needed the money all she had to do was ask.

Back to the young lady getting the cash from her male friend. When I asked who here could prove to me that they are a good person, to my surprise she raised her hand. I asked her to stand in front of me and that I was going to use God's Ten Commandments to see if it was true. She said with a bubbly attitude,sure go ahead. I asked all of her friends to be her judge, and they all agreed. Her name was Mindy and she admitted to lying, stealing, blasphemy, and adultery in her heart. I asked if she died tonight and had to face God would she be innocent or guilty? She said innocent! I then asked her friends if they agreed and they said no! She'd be guilty.

She then stated that she was told that God was a loving and forgiving God. I used the example of someone breaking man's law and admitted to the charges against him just like she did and did she think the judge would let them go free? She said no, but that's mans law and God is is forgiving. Once more I explained that God was not only loving but also a Just and Righteous God, and because He is He must punish liars, thieves, and fornicators. So based on what she was saying, then all liars, thieves, fornicators, and child rapists are going to be in heaven? Her demeanor started to change as she was now becoming somber. I shared with her 1Cor 6:9-10, to help her understand that this was not from me but from the Word of God

I gave an an example that if she was continually sleeping with her boyfriend knowing that God forbid it then why would he have made the law in the first place, if He wasn't going to punish those who broke it? So looks like Gal. 3:24 does what it says. Sad it's not used more often to those who are not saved. She now admitted to being guilty and then I asked where would God have to send her Heaven or Hell? With her head bowed down she softly said Hell. I asked did that concern her? Still, with her head down, her voice very softly stated, "yes". When I asked her did she know what God did for her so she wouldn't have to go to Hell she said, " no ". I told her that she didn't prove that she was a good person, but I was giving her the money anyway. This was a poultry example of how Christ died for her sins and mine. He paid the price by giving His life, something none of us can do. To receive this free gift, all she had to do was to reach up and accept it.

She still had her head down and shook it from left to right saying she didn't deserve it. I then explained that none of us do but because of what Eph. 2:8-9 says it's a free gift and there's nothing we can do to earn it. She needed to repent, which means turn away from her sinful lifestyle and place her trust in Jesus Christ alone to save her from the Wrath of God. She slowly reached up and took the money and then thanked me.

So please pray for Mindy as she was leaving I gave her the tract "Save Yourself Some Pain", and asked if she would read it when she got home, and she said she would.

Please be praying for all those who give up there own time to come out to try to reach the lost. Prayers are great, but prayers alone are not enough. Remember what Paul stated in Rom. 10:17, about hearing the Word of God.

How wonderful is this verse in Rom. 10:15 which speaks about how beautiful the feet of those who bring the Good News. I pray that that verse encourages you to come out with us to reach the lost.

1 comment:

AL said...

What an awesome experience it is to be used by God in fulfilling His purpose.

All glory to Him!