This site is primarily to help others learn how easy it is to share the Gospel. Jesus used the Ten Commandments in Luke 18:18 when the rich ruler asked what he must do to get into Heaven.
Also by using these innovative and acceptable tracts from "The Way of The Master", by Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron, you get the opportunity to get the Word of God into the hands of the lost.

Watch Our Journey Sharing Jesus Christ on the Streets in many parts of the World

Friday, June 18, 2010

Honoring the Lord Today

I just had to post this today, as it truly was for the Glory of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! I was able to give out twenty Gospel tracts and had one “One 2 One Encounter”.

It started out at McDonald's around 7am where I meet with two men to study God's Word and hold each other accountable for our actions.

A little girl came walking by our table with a very pretty doll with thick blond hair. I commented on the doll's hair and saw a big smile on the girl’s face. I asked how old she was and she said nine yrs old. She turned to sit with what looked like her grandfather and I asked him if I could show his granddaughter a trick. He nodded and I made the Ten Commandment coin appear out of thin air. Her eyes got really big and she asked how I did that.

Now what happens next is not unusual as this is the reaction I usually get. Her hand reached out for it as if it belonged to her. I then asked if she would like to have it, she said yes. I then told her that it was a commemorative coin and that it had the Ten Commandments on one side and the Gospel of Jesus Christ on the other and to have her grandfather read it to her. (If any of you know me, you know that I have a hearing problem and I’m sure that others heard me)

The next part is also typical because she had 2 sisters who saw her get something and they then had their hands out as well. I gave them each a coin and then gave the first one (3) of the million dollar Gospel tracts and asked if she would give them to her grandfather and her parents who were sitting at the next table. The grandfather read the back and thanked us for sharing!

From there Alan and I went to a meeting in Chandler to investigate a business opportunity. We were taken to this beautiful office building and had to wait for another person to show up before the tour began. While waiting I noticed that the reception desk was adorned with stainless steel covering. I asked the receptionist did she know how amazing this metal is, if you just know how to tap it, things can happen. I showed her my hands and asked if she could see anything in them and when she said no, I snapped my finger twice and produced the Ten Commandment coin. She said WOW! I like magic! I told her it was a commemorative coin with the Ten Commandments on one side and the Gospel of Jesus Christ on the other. I mentioned that most people I meet do not know the Commandments but that it would be a good idea if she knew them as one day she could be judged by them.

Being she mentioned she liked magic, and the person we were waiting for hadn't shown up yet, I stated that if she liked that one then she would love this one.

I took out the Pink & Blue illusion and she was amazed! I told her that her eyes could fool her couldn't they, she said,“ Yes”.
I then asked if she would sell one of her eyes for a million dollars, she said no! I asked how about both eyes for 10 million, still no.
I then stated that her eyes were precious to her weren't they. She said yes!
I then said maybe we should look at what Jesus said about our eyes, that if your eye causes you to sin then it would be better if you plucked it out because it would be better to enter Heaven with one eye then to be cast into Hell with both.
If that were true then maybe we should look at the other Commandments He gave us.

The 9th, had she ever lied? She said, “ Yes”, What would you be called? She said, “Liar”.
The 8th, not to steal, she said, “Yes,” I then asked what do you call someone who does that, she said, “Thief”.
The 3rd, was not to use God's name as a curse word, again, yes.
I told her God was very serious about that one as He stated that He would not hold anyone guiltless who did that...He takes it seriously and yet most of us think nothing about doing it and she agreed.
I asked her if God were to judge her based on those commandments and we only did (3), would she be innocent or guilty? She said she would be guilty.
I then asked where would God have to send you, Heaven or Hell, she stated, as most of us who have the wrong concept of who God really is, ...Heaven.

I asked how could that be as she just admitted to breaking (3) of God's Laws and there were (7) more to go.
She stated that the Commandments were probably not what God would judge her by, because if He did, then everyone would be in Hell.
She then stated how she had been a good person and tries to live a good life by thinking of others.
I then explained that God has given us His Law and He stated that they are written on our hearts.
She knew it was wrong to lie, steal and swear, so if He is a just God He would have to punish those who do it.
I mentioned that time doesn't forgive sin and that one day we are all going to face Him and we will get what we deserve!
She then changed her demeanor and with her head down stated that she would go to Hell.
I asked if that concerned her and she said, “Yes!”

I asked again and then she said, “He died on the Cross?”

I then said that's not it, yet many people wrongly believe that. That would mean everyone would be going to Heaven.
I gave her an example that if I had broken man's law and the judge was going to sentence me to jail or pay a fine of $100K, which I didn't have, and suddenly someone came into the courtroom and gave the judge a certified check for it, the judge could let me go, right?
She agreed. I then said that's what Jesus did for sinners like me and you. He paid the fine for the crimes we committed against a Holy God and because of His shed blood, death and resurrection He saved us from that punishment. What we need to do is repent, turn from our sinful life and place our trust in Him alone!

I asked her that when she was at home tonight to seriously consider what she just heard and ask God to reveal the truth about her eternal life, as I didn't have the power to change her heart, only the Holy Spirit can do that.

I left her with a few more tracts and she thanked me for sharing with her.

I then explained to her that those of us who claim Christ as Lord are commanded to do. The Love He poured out for us even thought we don't deserve it, is to share with others that we encounter so that they too may have a chance for eternal life.

Her name is Mariah, so pray that the Lord can open her heart and the truth sets her free!

Just as we finished up with the tour another high level person greeted us and thanked us for going through it and stated that if we join them in this business would be millionaires! You guessed it! Everyone in the group as well as this executive and the guard got a million. Again you should have seen the excitement on their faces!

Thinking the day was done, Alan graciously asked if I would like to have lunch as he knew of a Chinese restaurant nearby. Inside was a little helper who was obliviously part of this Chinese family as she was helping clean up the tables as the customers left. I called her over and asked, “what was her name”, she said, Joyce, she was nine yrs old. I asked how would she like to see what magic this silver teapot had that was on our table. With two snaps of my finger a sliver coin appeared! You should have seen her face as she exclaimed WOW, how did you do that.

I told her it was a commemorative coin and that it had the Ten Commandments on one side and the Gospel of Jesus Christ on the other and to have her parents read them to her.

This place was small and her excitement caught the attention of the others who were eating, as well as her mom and aunt who worked there. Joyce asked if I knew of any other magic as she liked magic. I then showed her the Pink & Blue illusion card and she was amazed at that as well. Her mom was now really watching me with her daughter and I had them participate as well.

They were enamored with the illusion and I told them to read the back as it had an important message on it.

Yep all those who were working in the restaurant got a million as well as the customers who were eagerly watching what was going on. As we left we were thankful that the seeds of His Word were placed in the hands of those who may never have had the chance to have them.

What came to me at the end of this day was that I would be sending this out to over 200 of you who could also be able to share using this Biblical principle that is taught by The Way of the Master.

So do the math! 20 tracts times 200 laborers for Christ is 4000 people who in one day would have received the Word of God. I’m sure our Heavenly Father would be well pleased that each of us got out of our comfort zone to do that. Remember what Jesus went through for us at the Garden of Gethsemane? , Not my will but Your will be done!

4 comments:

AL said...

Wow, you had a busy day! The Biblical principle is so easy and can be shared exactly the same way with people, from top executives to 9 year old girls.

How can we not share the Gospel as we are commanded to do?

Anonymous said...

Amen! IF we don’t share are we honoring God?

Robert, B

Anonymous said...

Tom thought I'd share this with you.
This last Saturday, I flew a trip to Newark, NJ. The flight attendant who sat on the jump seat w/me was a trip!! I'm having breakfast (after the regular service), sitting on the jump seat, and I'm praying. He comes around the corner, says to me, while my eyes are closed, "Are you looking for Jesus' face in your food?"

I simply said that I was praying, and went back to doing so. After I started to eat, this arrogant flight attendant asks me, in a voice dripping sarcasm, who I was praying to, and what I was praying about!! And so it went. He was clearly placed there by Satan, and Satan has this narcissist by the jugular.

I prayed on the full armor of God, with particular emphasis on the helmet of salvation (to protect my mind), and I countered his c#@* for close to half an hour. He got nowhere, and it bugged him so much.

Plus, I witnessed to the flight attendant in the back, a former Catholic, who doesn't get "it," but as I took her through the law, she seemed to start to see that yes, ALL have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. When she said she'd told a white lie, I told her that lies don't have color, and if you've told one you've broken all 10 of the commandments. She laughed. And when I told her that time doesn't take away sin, she laughed again and told me I was funny and that she liked talking to me!!

A man came out of the lav, and I handed him a million $ bill. In a couple minutes, he came back to talk to me, and it turns out he's a believer!!! So I gave him more tracts, asked him to read them, and then to share them with unbelievers! He was really receptive. So see......just a few minutes and several were engaged, and who knows how God will spread the Word!!!!! The Word of God will NEVER return void. Even the card-carrying atheist flight attendant, who doesn't stop referring to the "god" he doesn't believe in (!), heard the Word.

Joy, P

Anonymous said...

Hi Tom,

Thank you for sharing these adventures in the Lord's work with me. They are so refreshing because knowing others are freely giving and witnessing God's great plan of salvation is like putting another log in the center of the flame. That flame burns eternal for we who are in Christ, and it is our joy to know of these experiences, and to do the Lord's work wherever He may place us. Our hope is that He will allow us to partake in the kindling of that eternal flame, the sowing of His seed somewhere, anywhere, by being "instant in season and out of season" .

Carla, B