This site is primarily to help others learn how easy it is to share the Gospel. Jesus used the Ten Commandments in Luke 18:18 when the rich ruler asked what he must do to get into Heaven.
Also by using these innovative and acceptable tracts from "The Way of The Master", by Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron, you get the opportunity to get the Word of God into the hands of the lost.

Watch Our Journey Sharing Jesus Christ on the Streets in many parts of the World

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Just Another Blessed Day!

When I came home this morning after meeting with Alan & Dale at McDonald's for our weekly Bible study, Catherine asked if I would make a deposit because a small check came in. She set it up so I could go through the drive through, but for some reason I told her I didn't want to go that way. She asked why, what’s wrong with doing it as she set it up? I asked if she could fill out a regular deposit slip, as I felt I needed to go inside.

I hope you all understand, this is NOT about me! This is about learning a simple Biblical principle on how to reach out to those who may be lost. How many times have you been in a bank, dept store, grocery store, hair dresser, had work done on your car, and didn’t say a word or didn’t have something in writing that you could leave with them.

 Maybe your not comfortable speaking to strangers, well using these unique tracts makes it easy. Remember everything that we know how to do is because we learned, by practice. The same applies to reaching the lost…the more you do it the easier it becomes.

Wouldn't it be great if it was you who responded to the Lord like in (Isa 6:8)
And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Then I said, "Here am I! Send me."

So here is the rest of the story.

As I walked into the bank a lady approached me with a warm hello which is what they usually do when you go in. I didn't notice anyone in line so I was surprised when she asked if she could help me? I told her I only had a small check to deposit, she said come with me. She took me to one of those cubicles, and as I was sitting down she asked me how was I doing? I said I'm blessed, how about you? She put a big smile on her face and said, “That must be nice!” and then said, "it’s not that bad."

I then asked her if she were to receive a million dollars would that help make her day? She said, “YEA, but that's not going to happen!” With that I reached into my back pocket and handed her one, telling her, "You never know what God has in store for you!"

She now was laughing as she held a million dollars in her hand. I then explained to her that the real value was not the million dollar bill, as I'm sure she knew that it was fake, the real value was what was written on the back. It's going to ask you, “are you Good Enough to get into Heaven?” I then asked that she not read it now as I know she is working and I didn't want her to get into trouble. This part is amazing, almost every time I tell someone not to read it, guess what, they do!

She is now sitting down reading the back and saying that she liked the message and was thankful that I gave it to her. Just then another bank employee came into our cubicle, as I'm sure what I was saying was not quiet. Those of you who know me no that I have a hearing problem and tend to speak louder than I should.

Well this man who just walked in started to look at the million dollar bill in her hand and stated that he had one of these at home and remembers me giving it to him several months ago.

I asked what did he do to deserve getting one, he said, “Nothing!” I then explained maybe he should be giving his away as well, so that someone else can read the truth that none of us is Good Enough to get into Heaven. With that I gave him a few more so he could share them with others…his response, “Thank you, I'll do that!”

I'm not done yet, or should I say correctly that the Lord had more for me to do, no sooner after he left, another lady from the bank came into the cubicle and stated she heard us talking and wondered if she could have a million as well. So of course I gave her one with the same story.

In front of me was a large silver calculator, and I asked her did she see anything strange about the calculator? She said she didn’t! I showed her that nothing was in my hand and while I was touching the calculator, with two snaps of my finger pulled out the Ten Commandments coin. You should have seen the look on her face! I then asked her if she knew the Ten Commandments because one day she would be judged by them and would be better to know now, then at judgment day, when it would be to late.

She thanked me for sharing with her and she was definitely going to read what I gave her when she got home.

I’ve been using this Biblical principle for about 5 years now, and have spoken to probably over a thousand people. Jesus Himself stated in (Mat. 5:17) that He came not to abolish the Law but to fulfill the Law. So by saying what Jesus said in (Luke 18:20) they can have a true understanding of why they need a Savior. Remember it’s the only scripture written with the Finger of God, and you also get a chance to place His Word in their hands.

I can’t remember anyone who accepted the Way of the Master Gospel Tracts getting angry or being offended, even those I took through the Good Person Test. I mean what are they going to say, that it’s okay to lie, steal, and lust?

In (Psa 19:7) The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: and, in (Gal 3:24)
Wherefore the Law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

So I pray that you desire to be a laborer for the Lord and consider learning this principle.

I wait for your comment and reply.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

great story! glory to God!


Edwin and Anna Lo

Anonymous said...

Great job at the bank. True, we never know how our God will use us and what he has in store for us.

Rich

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this Thom. It is very encouraging. I will try to do likewise.

Doug

AL said...

Awesome! And just as easy as you stated. These things practically give themselves away.

I gave them to all the customers at Carl's Jr on the way home from CA today. One guy said it was a great message on the back and wanted to know if he could copy them. I told him there's a website on it where he could get more, and I gave him a few more for his friends.

Glory to God.

Anonymous said...

Tom -
thanks for writing down your Lord Happenings!
I was happy to fwd to a few friends we've been out street witnessing with
but also a long time friend who I found is starting to read things stemming from "emergent church" and other teachings, one of which carries the subtle "everyone is saved" idea. Um...YIKES!