This site is primarily to help others learn how easy it is to share the Gospel. Jesus used the Ten Commandments in Luke 18:18 when the rich ruler asked what he must do to get into Heaven.
Also by using these innovative and acceptable tracts from "The Way of The Master", by Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron, you get the opportunity to get the Word of God into the hands of the lost.

Watch Our Journey Sharing Jesus Christ on the Streets in many parts of the World

Friday, October 8, 2010

Wednesday Morning at McDonald's

After this morning the Spirit of  the Lord compelled me to write what happened. I pray that when and if you read this you understand I'm not trying to make a statement, "Look at Me!", but with just a small amount of Biblical training, look how the Lord can use even me.

This story would not have happened if I was not prepared to share with a perfect stranger. I truly believe the Lord wanted me there!
  •   I was supposed to be someplace else
  •   I was about to leave,
  •  I sat in a place were I would not normally sit.

Here's a question!
Strangers cross our paths all the time, so how do you approach them?

This morning I went McDonald's around 11:00 for a breakfast burrito.  I was told by the young man behind the  register that it was to late as they now had their lunch menu up. I struggled to order a burger and he kept asking what would I like to order. No one was behind me so I just kept staring at the menu trying to decide what else I could have. I then noticed a woman beside me so I told the young man to serve her. 

After a few minutes another young man behind a register asked if he could help me. I went to him and stated that I wanted to have and egg burrito but was told it was too late, and that I was going to leave to find another place to have breakfast.

He stated that they had some left and if I wanted one he could get me one. That made my morning! Praise the Lord!

 A few minutes later a Postman came and sat near me and I noticed that he put his head down before he ate his food. So I thought to myself was he praying or just thinking about his day. I took one of the Million Dollar bills I always carry and said, "Excuse me but were you just praying before you ate?' He stated, "Absolutely!" I then said to him, "Well whenever I see someone praying to the Lord I give them a Million Dollars".

He gave me a big smile, as that's what usually happens and then said that he had one of these and he had it stuck on his wall. At that point I asked if he had read the back and he said yes and he remembers seeing these given away on TV. The guys who were doing it were Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron.

That's when I said to him well how did you get that first Million, and he said, "Someone gave it to him." Then I reminded him that's what he needed to do. Written on them is the Word of God and they are meant to be shared with others so that they too can read why Jesus Christ died for their sins.

He looked at me with a strange look at first then said, "You know your right." I asked him had he shared the gift of salvation with others that cross his path and he admitted sheepishly, "No"  But he said after watching  the program, it convinced him that he should be reaching out to others, as he has never heard a message like that from anyone else.

I then mentioned that I was putting on a seminar  to teach those who claim to be followers of Jesus Christ, on the last Sat. in Oct., and would he like to attend. He stated that he wanted to learn more but said he works on Sat.

I then said that I would teach him one on one whenever he had the time, as I could hear from our conversation that he wanted to apply what he had seen from watching The Way of The Master on TV. He then said what if he had some other men could they attend as well?

Praise the Lord again for creating an opportunity to raise more laborers! Luke 10:2

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Make it so tom, make it so.

God bless,

joel, B

Anonymous said...

praise God! that story made my day!
thank you

Edwin and Anna Lo

Anonymous said...

Good going Tom.

Jason, W.

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord!
I guess this should be encouraging to me. We are to arrive in AZ next week. Our church is doing a Rick Warren small group event in IL. I was disappointed because I would have liked to attend, but we are leaving here on Sunday. Then, I got the brain storm to do a small group in AZ, in unison w/our church here. Yikes, I definitely do not think that I am qualified, and am now thinking I shouldn't have gotten involved.
If I don't chicken out, I hope Our Lord uses me for the good in spite of my inadequacies.
Please pray for us in this endeavor.
Love,
Barbara, C.