This site is primarily to help others learn how easy it is to share the Gospel. Jesus used the Ten Commandments in Luke 18:18 when the rich ruler asked what he must do to get into Heaven.
Also by using these innovative and acceptable tracts from "The Way of The Master", by Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron, you get the opportunity to get the Word of God into the hands of the lost.

Watch Our Journey Sharing Jesus Christ on the Streets in many parts of the World

Thursday, March 17, 2011

WOW, Talk about being lead by The Holy Spirit!

While waiting for traffic to move on Bell Rd, my eye caught a driver just ahead of me to my right waving his hand out his window saying something. I rolled down the passenger side and heard him ask me, "Does conflict of interest apply in the business world?" I heard it but didn't understand really what he wanted and then the traffic started to move. So I shouted back that if he wanted my answer to pull into the shopping center ahead. I got out of my car and approached his passenger window and again he asked the same question. Puzzled, I asked, " Why are you asking me that question and why would you care about my answer?"

He told me that he and his girlfriend, who was sitting in the back with a little baby, were arguing about it as she was working for two different companies who did the same work. He was telling her that it was a conflict of interest and she shouldn't be working for both companies.

Again I asked what made him think that I would be the one to ask? He stated that when he saw me, (you're going to love this) that he thought I looked like a wise man. I was surprised at that answer and then gave him my answer about it.

I replied that I thought that maybe he wanted to speak to me because of my license plate, "IM4GVN", as I saw a fish on the back of his car and wondered did he put it their. He said no as it was their when he bought it. He then asked what did the letters mean, and I told him it meant , "I AM  FORGIVEN"

He asked why, " What did I do to need forgiveness?" I told him that I used to think that I was a good person. Then I asked if he thought he was a good person, he said yes! I then asked if I could test that by using God's Ten Commandments to see if tit's true? He said, "sure go ahead"

He admitted to lying stealing, blasphemy and lust. With each answer his head bowed down as if he was sorry for what he had done. I asked how did he think God would find him, innocent or guilty? He said guilty, I asked where would God have to send him Heaven or Hell? Again with his head bowing down, quietly he said, "Hell."  (Now is the time to ask the most important question.)  Does that concern you?  He said, "YEA!" 


I then asked if he knew what God did for him so that he wouldn't have to go to Hell? 

He then said that he asks to be forgiven, as he remembers being taught that in Church,  and tries not to do them again. At that  point I asked him did you not say that the lady in the back is your girlfriend and that the baby is yours? Again his head bowed down as he softly answered, "yes" and then said that when I mentioned about lust it really made him think about what he had done.

I then explained that asking forgiveness was not enough that he had to have remorse, regret, Godly sorrow for offending a Holy God. It's called repentance, so that you would hate the sin as much as God does and not do it again. The only thing that could save him was to place his faith and trust in Jesus Christ alone. Once he did that he would receive the Holy Spirit and be born again.


At this point now I'm sure that the Lord had lead me to this man, as he then asked, "Asked me do I teach others?"  I told him yes, as I have a free seminar planned for March 26th. He then said that he would love to come to learn.

Please pray for this man, Kim and his girlfriend, as they now have had the opportunity to see themselves as God see's them, not good, (Isa. 64:6)

Though it's not a pleasant experience, it's better to find out now when you still have time to do something about it rather then to have to face a Holy God after you've taken your last breath and have no defense because you tried to get in on you own and that would leave you guilty .

I give thanks to the Lord for sending Ray Comfort to our country and giving him insight on how to teach anyone who claims to be a follower of Jesus Christ how to speak to perfect strangers about their eternal destination.

For the first 8 years of claiming Christ as my Lord I shared only with my immediate family, a few friends, who after giving my testimony told me they were glad that I found something.

I can't remember ever speaking to anyone else who crossed my path. But in the last 6 years  after taking The Way of the Master Training, I have interacted with over Ten thousand people! I pray that you would want to be a laborer for the Lord as well. (Luke 10:2) ,(Mark 16:15) (Acts 1:8)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I love the repentance explained part so much. I praise our Dad for drawing that couple to the mystery of the cross, the resurrected living Jesus, so that the Godhead will indwell in them. And I will pray that the H S will continue to point Jesus to Him the way ,the truth and eternal life and live in Him.Thanks Sarah,George

Anonymous said...

This is really a Wow! Wise, he was right about that, but thinking that of you driving, it was God's plan for them Tom! Love u!

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing another encouraging story!
I will pray for this young couple and their baby.
-- God is abundant to provide what we often see as "chance encounters"
it truly takes so little effort on our part. -- just to be ready when it happens.

..God can even make us "look" wise :-) - that was awesome! heehee

have a great day!
Christy

Anonymous said...

Sweet! Can I post this my wall? Also are you read for the show on 4/2?

Anonymous said...

Good job Tom. Obedience is better than sacrifice.

Jeff

Anonymous said...

My name is Liz and I am a member of Ray & Kirk's ministry team. They have entrusted me to answer some of the e-mails that come into the ministry.

Thank you very much for your encouraging words; you have no idea how much they mean to us. We are so glad that you are blessed by this ministry. I have a friend from this ministry who loves to personally tell people all the time that there has never been a ministry before or since that has blessed her like this ministry has, and I can't agree more. I am excited that you too are encouraged by this ministry.

Thanks again for taking the time to write!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What an amazing day you had out in traffic, Tom! That experience had to be arranged by the Holy Spirit. It was one in a million...maybe a billion! To God be all the Glory! And thank you for sharing it with me! I am making a copy of your account right now, so I can practice saying a few of the statements you made to the gentleman.

Thanking God for you and Catherine!
Valerie

Anonymous said...

Jeremy and Tish wrote: "Praise God! Our Lord is so mighty & so amazingly awesome! Thanks for sharing this encounter with all of us Tom!! God bless you :) - Tish"